Childbirth education helps you learn about choices in labor and birth.
I bring my training as a birth doula and home-birth midwife to my classes. But you are the most important part of childbirth education. Together we will explore the range of options that you have. I will show you the way by giving you sources for evidence-based information. And I will share a shortcut for making the easy and hard decisions about labor and birth. This is your birth and the more you do your homework, the better prepared you will be.
I offer a 6- hour weekend “express” class for busy parents at Cultivate and Nest in Hadley, western Massachusetts and a 12-hour class at the same location and in my home in Northampton, Mass. on 2 Sundays in a row. To arrange a private class, call me at 413 695-3553.
Next Express Childbirth Education Class:
At my home; contact me for more information
Total of 6 hours of class; $125 per family unit
Individual families and groups
Contact me at 413 695-3553
My classes are energetic and fun. No matter the length of time, you will:
- Learn information in visual, interactive ways to stimulate your learning
- Engage in hands-on exercises that you will remember in labor
- Learn a technique to help make important decisions
- Explore ideas about parenting and compare notes with others
Every class covers 5 Modules
- Preparing you, your body & your mind for pregnancy and labor
- Caring for yourself and your baby in pregnancy
- Learning pain-coping techniques for a typical labor
- Understanding decisions, interventions and complications for some births
- Learning how to care for yourself and your baby after birth